My Blog List

Writers Life

So this is the writers life. I am a college graduate looking for a way to get my writing out to the world. I want everyone to enjoy what I write, because I feel that my writing will affect someones life, in one way or another. My only problem is that I need to work on my grammar and mechanics, so please bear with me

Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Harder

Harder

By. Devin Owens

With no helping hand in sight, is it right

To want to get up after your legs bent backward

When its simpler to lie there and do nothing

Darkness comes so easily, from measly

Little problems, that treats me like food

But there’s nothing eating me

Ah! A scream would be nice but what would it do

To deaf ears and what would tears do for a blind person?

Would it give them less fear? …beats me

Everyday ask yourself what are you doing

Because you can lay there feeling sorry for your self

But the world keeps on moving

So you might want to catch the train before it leaves

What is it that keeps us down, unmotivated?

Uncertainty, leaving each choice hesitated

Well damn, if it’s easier to stay down,

Then why don’t we all do it, until it’s as fluid as water

Uh uh, I rather be a white water rapid

Despite its dangerous actions, you gain a lot more

It’s harder to get up, let me tell you

Almost like you left yourself glued

And you have to apply the effort to get up

If you want to stay down, go ahead, be my guest

I won’t harass you

Guess it must be a nice view to see life pass you

This is dedicated to the depressed who stress

What life hands them, this an anthem

To get back what you loss for a price like a ransom

So get up, make noise, and get loud

Or lay on your back, with the only thing moving, the clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment