My Blog List

Writers Life

So this is the writers life. I am a college graduate looking for a way to get my writing out to the world. I want everyone to enjoy what I write, because I feel that my writing will affect someones life, in one way or another. My only problem is that I need to work on my grammar and mechanics, so please bear with me

Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Is Dreaming Crazy

Is Dreaming Crazy

Is dreaming still considered crazy?

Doing something you love and maybe

Getting paid in the process, to be happy

Instead of only settling, expanding your wings

And taking to new heights since the sky is the limit

But now everyone sets limits on creativity

From written and visually, pictures taken digitally

Who’s to say a waterfall can’t flow upwards

Or that you can’t make up words

Why set boundaries, when you had to think

Out of them to make them, why not break them

Or take them and remake them, or come up

With your own rules and replace them

Is it crazy to dream, even in negativity?

Hostility that’s expressed so modestly

Keeping idea’s locked up in fear of rejection

But we’re only hurting ourselves with our own protection

Kind of funny, like there’s been a label switch

Poison mixed with dream bottles, and you don’t

Know which is which, or what to go with

But if the sky’s the limit, then why aren’t we outside

Playing like kids, the freest of thinkers

Who think it only takes a little magic dust to fly

So don’t sleep in a box, but dream of the sky

Only through that will creativity survive

Is it so crazy to want to live a dream?

Things so serene, a picture perfect scene

So my question is

Is dreaming crazy, or is it crazy not to dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment